Uncommon Dissent

Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Why I don't ruthlessly edit comments on this blog (3 comments)

1. I like self-assured, smug, smarmy opponents. They make me feel righteous.
2. I don't have that many commentators, and they're damned fine people anyhow.
3. I'm a corpse.
4. Something about intellectual honesty, fair play, all points of view, all those other trivial matters.
5. Dembski does. I am the anti-Dembski. When he and I collide, the universe will explode in a blast of energy, most of it heat, very little light.
6. I'm a frickin' corpse.



Filed under: Heat must be gettin' to me.

3 Comments:

  • 7. Everyone here is allowed to be as boring (read: dare to offer any critiques of ID) as they can.

    PS: Is it possible to get rid of that word verification thing? It's a touch annoying having to enter it every time you post.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:42 PM  

  • Unfortunately, spammers take over blogs that don't use verification. My sincerest apologies.

    By Blogger T.H. Huxley, at 5:54 PM  

  • I've always envisioned old Bill frantically deleting comments and booting commenters night after night at his blog, getting oh so exhausted in the process. It was funny. I imagined him slouched over his laptop in a small room with a single swinging lightbulb. Poor guy.

    And I was right. He couldn't keep up: So he's mothballed his site.

    It just gets funnier.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:23 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home